6 Books That Will Make You Happy and Successful
I love reading self-help books. These books are uplifting and educational, they guide you, and teach you how to live a happier and more successful life. (Assuming, of course, you actually read them.) They assist you in all aspects of your life whether you’re male, female, young, old, hairy, not hairy. Here’s a short list of some of my absolute favorite self-help books.
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie (There are so many great slap-you-in-the-face, get-over-it, pieces of advice in here.)
- The Magic of Believing by Claude M. Bristol (Do you like to be inspired? I like to be inspired. Go get inspired.)
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy (Yes, you’ve been told a million times to think positively, but Dr. Murphy will make you understand how and why it really is important.)
- Life is a Verb: 37 Days to Wake Up, Be Mindful, and Live Intentionally by Patti Digh (If you’re going to buy this book, you have to buy the real book. It’s total eye candy.)
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers (Yeah, you just might jump out of a plane.)
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by OG Mandino (This is a classic, and one of the most passed around books for a good reason. Follow the directions, and don’t jump ahead.)
These links will take you directly to Amazon. I did the hard work of searching for them, now you just decide which ones you want to read! Or, if you find that you don’t have time to read them, I’m pretty sure the majority of these books are in some sort of audio format. Instead of spending 45 minutes driving to work and listening to music, you could download the audio book and begin your day with one of these babies!
What are you waiting for? Close your eyes and point to your screen. The book your finger just landed on? Go buy it. Wait, are libraries still a thing? Get yourself a library card, and enter a world that smells better than any you’ve ever experienced. Unless you’ve been to Martha Stewart’s house. I’m sure it smells like warm vanilla unicorns.
Enjoy these magical books. I’ll be posting more book recommendations soon, but until then, let me know what you think about these selections.